ImInclusive Accessibility StatementUpdated: June 2022.
After recently removing our overlay widgets based on user feedback, we are publishing our updated accessibility framework.
ImInclusive strives to ensure its products and services are accessible to people with disabilities. ImInclusive has invested a significant amount of resources in helping ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the firm belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort, and independence.
Accessibility on ImInclusive
ImInclusive prioritizes web accessibility through regular accessibility audits and layouts built for users of all abilities. ImInclusive complies with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
ImInclusive continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible, and unhindered use for those with disabilities.
Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on ImInclusive fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may result from not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Our Current Framework
1. People with visual disabilities are hired regularly as ImInclusive quality assurance and testing teams to check the accessibility of our web app and Android app.
2. Our developers have a framework of instructions to write accessible code.
3. We utilize Userway.org for generating consistent accessibility violation reports for our websites and have a cycle of accessibility improvement.
4. Devices accessibility: We are consistently testing Androids and Laptops accessibility features that devices offer and their compatibility with our applications, and informing our users about the accessibility they can incorporate through their devices.
5. We are training and enhancing in-house talent skillset to certify them for accessibility.
6. Accessibility audit (independent) is executed annually, or as our budgets allow to make a better user experience for all.
Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on ImInclusive or require assistance with any part of our site, don't hesitate to get in touch with us during regular business hours, as detailed below, and we will be happy to assist.
If you wish to report an accessibility issue, have any questions or need assistance, please contact ImInclusive Customer Support as follows: